To install CyberPanel on Linode, you can follow these steps:
- Start by logging in to your Linode account and accessing the Linode Dashboard.
- Next, create a Linode instance by clicking on the "Create" button and selecting the desired options like the region, plan, and operating system. Choose the Linux distribution of your choice, such as Ubuntu, CentOS, or Debian.
- Once your Linode instance is created, open the Linode Manager and click on the "Deploy" button next to your Linode.
- In the "Deployment" wizard, choose a hostname for your Linode and select the previously created Linux distribution. You can also set a root password or SSH key for remote access.
- After the deployment is complete, click on the "Remote Access" tab and make a note of your Linode's IP address. You will need this to access your Linode via SSH.
- Open your preferred SSH client, such as PuTTY or Terminal, and connect to your Linode using the IP address and the root credentials you set earlier.
- Once connected, update your system by running the appropriate command for your Linux distribution. For example, on Ubuntu or Debian, use the command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
- After the update, install the required dependencies for CyberPanel. The dependencies may vary depending on the Linux distribution. For CentOS, you can use the following commands:
1 2 3
sudo yum install wget git -y sudo yum groupinstall 'Development Tools' -y sudo yum install epel-release -y
- Now, download the CyberPanel installer script to your Linode using the command:
wget -O installer.sh https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh
- Once downloaded, make the installer script executable:
chmod +x installer.sh
- Finally, run the installer script to install CyberPanel on your Linode:
- The installation process will guide you through various options, including setting the admin password for CyberPanel and choosing the desired web server (LiteSpeed or OpenLiteSpeed).
- Once the installation is complete, you can access your CyberPanel interface by opening a web browser and visiting http://your-linode-ip:8090. Replace your-linode-ip with the IP address of your Linode.
That's it! You have successfully installed CyberPanel on your Linode instance. You can now configure your websites and manage your server using the CyberPanel interface.
How to set up automatic backups in CyberPanel on Linode?
To set up automatic backups in CyberPanel on Linode, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Linode account and navigate to the Linode Manager dashboard.
- Click on the Linode that you have CyberPanel installed on.
- In the Linode's dashboard, click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Scroll down to the "Backup" section and click on "Enable Backups".
- Choose the desired backup plan and frequency (e.g., daily, weekly, etc.).
- Click on the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page.
Once you have enabled backups for your Linode, the backups will be automatically scheduled and performed by the Linode backup service.
Additionally, within CyberPanel itself, you can configure backup settings specific to the websites hosted on your Linode. To set up automatic backups within CyberPanel:
- Log in to your CyberPanel admin panel.
- From the left-side menu, click on "Websites" to see a list of websites hosted on your Linode.
- Click on the website for which you want to set up automatic backups.
- In the website's dashboard, click on "Backups" on the top menu.
- Under the "Scheduled Backups" section, click on the toggle switch to enable scheduled backups for that website.
- Set the backup frequency, retention period, and destination (local, remote server, or offsite) according to your preferences.
- Click on the "Save" button to apply the changes.
Now, the specified website will have automatic backups scheduled as per the defined frequency and retention period.
Remember to regularly monitor your backups to ensure they are running successfully and that you can restore your data if needed.
How to connect to the Linode instance via SSH?
To connect to a Linode instance via SSH, follow these steps:
- Get the IP address of your Linode instance. You can find this by logging into the Linode Manager, selecting your Linode, and navigating to the "Remote Access" tab.
- Open your terminal or command prompt.
- Use the ssh command followed by the IP address of your Linode instance. The command should look like this: ssh username@ip_address Replace username with your Linode username or the username you want to use for SSH login. Replace ip_address with the IP address of your Linode instance. For example: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- If it's your first time connecting to the Linode instance, you may be prompted with a message saying the authenticity of the host cannot be established. Verify that the fingerprint matches the fingerprint you have for your Linode instance, then type yes to continue.
- Next, you'll be prompted to enter your password. Type in your Linode account password or the password associated with the SSH key you provided when creating the Linode instance. Note: If you're using an SSH key for authentication, you'll need to use the -i option followed by the path to your private key. For example: ssh -i /path/to/private_key username@ip_address
- Once you've entered the correct password (or provided the SSH key), you should be connected to your Linode instance via SSH.
That's it! You have successfully connected to your Linode instance via SSH.
What is the process to install SSL certificates in CyberPanel?
To install an SSL certificate in CyberPanel, follow these steps:
- Log in to your CyberPanel admin panel.
- Navigate to the SSL/TLS option in the left-hand menu.
- Click on "Manage SSL Certificates."
- If you haven't generated a private key and certificate signing request (CSR) yet, click on "Generate CSR." Fill in the required details, including the domain name for which you want to install the SSL certificate.
- Once the CSR is generated, copy it and click on "Submit CSR." Paste the CSR into the provided field and click "Submit."
- The CSR will be sent to your SSL provider, and they will issue an SSL certificate for your domain.
- Once you receive the SSL certificate from your provider, copy the certificate text.
- Go back to the "Manage SSL Certificates" page.
- Click on the domain name for which you want to install the certificate.
- Paste the SSL certificate text into the "Certificate" field and click "Submit."
- CyberPanel will install the SSL certificate, and it will be ready to use on your domain.
Note: If you have a wildcard certificate or a certificate chain, you may need to enter additional details or paste additional certificate text accordingly.