To add Google Analytics to your Squarespace website, first sign in to your Squarespace account. Once you're logged in, follow these steps:
- In the Home Menu, click on Settings.
- From the menu that appears, select Advanced.
- Under the Advanced section, click on External API Keys.
- Scroll down to the Google Analytics box and click on the 'Set Up' button.
- A dialog box will appear where you can enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- To get the Tracking ID, open a new tab and go to analytics.google.com. Sign in to your Google Analytics account or create a new one if you don't have it already.
- Once you're logged in to Google Analytics, click on the Admin button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu under the Account column, select the account you want to use.
- Under the Property column, choose the specific website you want to track with Google Analytics.
- In the middle column, click on Tracking Info and select 'Tracking Code'.
- Copy the Tracking ID that starts with "UA-" and paste it into the dialog box in your Squarespace account.
- Click on 'Save'.
- After saving, Google Analytics will be connected to your Squarespace website, and you will start receiving data from your website visitors.
By following these steps, you will be able to add Google Analytics to your Squarespace website and analyze crucial data regarding the performance and behavior of your website visitors.
How to set up Google Tag Manager with Squarespace for advanced tracking?
To set up Google Tag Manager with Squarespace for advanced tracking, you can follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Tag Manager account or create a new account if you haven't already done so.
- Once logged in, click on "New Account" to create a new Tag Manager container.
- Fill out the required fields, such as the account name and container name. Select "Web" as the platform, and click "Create".
- On the next screen, you'll see a code snippet. Copy the code snippet provided by Google Tag Manager.
- Log in to your Squarespace account and navigate to the website where you want to set up advanced tracking.
- In Squarespace, go to the Settings section and select "Advanced".
- Under "External API Keys", paste the Google Tag Manager code snippet in the "Header" section.
- Save the changes and exit the settings.
- Go back to Google Tag Manager, and click on "Install Google Tag Manager" to configure your container.
- On the next screen, select the version of your website (Universal Analytics or Classic Google Analytics). Choose the default choices for the other options.
- In Squarespace, go to the website editor and navigate to the page where you want to add advanced tracking.
- In the page editor, click on "Settings" and select "Advanced".
- Scroll down to the "Code Injection" section and paste the second part of the Google Tag Manager code snippet in the "Header" section.
- Save the changes, and you'll be ready to set up advanced tracking using Google Tag Manager.
- To add custom tags or tracking codes in Google Tag Manager, log in to your Google Tag Manager account. Click on the container you created for your Squarespace website.
- On the left-side menu, click on "Tags", and then click on "New".
- Select the tag type you want to add, such as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel.
- Configure the tag settings according to your requirements, such as entering your Google Analytics tracking ID or Facebook Pixel ID.
- Save the tag, and then click "Submit" to publish the changes in Google Tag Manager.
- Repeat the steps for each custom tag or tracking code you want to add.
By following these steps, you can set up Google Tag Manager with Squarespace for advanced tracking. You can add additional tags and tracking codes as needed to track specific events or conversions on your Squarespace website.
How to setup Google Analytics on Squarespace?
To set up Google Analytics on Squarespace, you can follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Squarespace account and navigate to the website you want to add Google Analytics tracking to.
- Go to the Home Menu, click on Settings, and then click on Advanced.
- Under the Advanced panel, select External API Keys.
- In the External API Keys section, click on the “Add an API key” button.
- Choose Google Analytics from the dropdown list of services.
- You will now need to sign in to your Google Analytics account. If you don't have an account yet, you can create one by clicking the “Create Account” button.
- Once you are signed in, you will be asked to select the website you want to track with Google Analytics. If you haven't created a property yet, you can do it from this window as well.
- After selecting the website or creating a property, click on the "Allow" button to give Squarespace access to your Google Analytics account.
- A confirmation window will appear, indicating that the API key has been successfully added. Click on the “Ok” button.
- Finally, you can customize your Google Analytics settings from the External API Keys section in Squarespace, such as choosing the Analytics Profile ID, enabling Advertising Features, or enabling Enhanced Link Attribution.
That’s it! Your Squarespace website is now connected to Google Analytics. It may take a few hours for the data to start appearing in your Google Analytics account.
How to view website traffic data in Google Analytics for Squarespace?
To view website traffic data in Google Analytics for Squarespace, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account. If you don't have an account, you can create one by visiting analytics.google.com.
- In the Google Analytics dashboard, click on the "Admin" option in the bottom left corner.
- In the "Property" column, click on "Create Property" if you haven't already set up your website. Otherwise, select the appropriate property.
- Fill in the necessary information about your website, such as the website name, URL, industry category, and time zone.
- Once the property is created, Google Analytics will provide you with a tracking ID. It starts with "UA-" followed by a combination of numbers and hyphens. Copy this ID.
- Now, log in to your Squarespace account and navigate to the website you want to track.
- In the main menu, click on "Settings" and select "Advanced" from the drop-down menu.
- From the "Website" section, select "Google Analytics."
- Paste the tracking ID into the "Google Analytics Tracking Code" field.
- Save the changes, and Google Analytics will be activated for your Squarespace website.
- Give it a few hours or up to 24 hours for Google Analytics to start collecting data.
- To view website traffic data, return to your Google Analytics dashboard and select the appropriate property and reporting view.
You'll then have access to various reports and data within Google Analytics, such as the number of visitors, traffic sources, user behavior, and more. It's a powerful tool to analyze and understand your website's performance.