You can create two types of blogs with WordPress: WordPress.com hosted and self-hosted by installing WordPress on your web host. I’m not going to cover the difference between these two, but I’ll tell you how to find out owner’s information of WordPress blogs of both types.
Again, reason to contact owner can be anything, a request for guest post, content take-down, or advertising etc. This guide comes in handy when you are not able to find how to reach to the author of a WordPress based blog. Lets get started.
Find owner of a WordPress.com blog / self-hosted WordPress blog
- Look in the blog for an “about” or “contact” section, and if you find one, just try to grab the contact email, links to social places like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, contact number or address.
- Go for a WHOIS lookup if the blog owner is using a custom domain with WordPress.com. The WHOIS lookup completely applies to self-hosted WordPress blogs since they require a custom domain name to operate. You may get the email, contact number as well as contact address of the owner from WHOIS records.
- If the blog is WordPress.com hosted, look for the WordPress.com profile link where you may get more information about the author including his/her other blogs, where s/he may have given his full contact details.
- If you know the author’s name, make a Google search about him and look for the relevant info which may contain his/her contact details.
- Google “site:wordpressblogurl.tld contact” without quotes (replace wordpressblogurl.tld with the URL of the blog you’re investigating for). That may return contact pages of the blog which you’re not able to see on the blog.
Now you may leave a message using any one of the contact mediums you’ve found on the blog. If you found nothing, just leave a comment on the posts of that blog with your message. I hope you found this post useful.